Saturday, January 2, 2010

Non Trivial Observations on New Year

Just two more years until the world comes to an end, if the said predictions are true. Therefore I must hurry with this post. My life so far has spanned slightly more than two decades according to the earthly calendars (I would be an old man if I lived on Venus, the most erotic planet.) During this time, I have accomplished several difficult and dangerous tasks like taking birth and completing 15 years of school life and so have most of you. Congratulations to our generation for these feats. Now, returning back to my life; after I completed school my parents thought that I need to accomplish more and felt that it was real important that I go to college and process myself into a postgraduate. This and some more irrelevant stuff is what essentially the previous decade of my life comprises of. So as the world gathers to celebrate the onset of another decade which will be followed by another one and yet another one, (if the initial assumption of this post is found incorrect) I try to ponder as to what characterized the previous decade and what expectations one could have for the next one.

Landing of aliens on earth: No, this has not taken place in the previous decade. This is much the same as in the past 4.55 billion years of earth’s existence. I really hope that in the years to come, our earth becomes home to greener and wrigglier intelligent life-forms from the entire universe. I am tired of moving around the carbon and silicon based mundane bipeds that I come across daily.

Damage to buildings: The past decade’s inception was celebrated by the blowing up of tall towers in New York. This was followed by returning the favour to Afghanistan and Iraq. We too celebrated the occasion by renovating our house in Gorakhpur. This time, I really hope to see World War 3. Let us give the next generation some more dates to remember.

Rise of cryptic terms: Terms such as ‘Global Warming’ and ‘Energy Crisis’ became immensely popular in tea-stalls and public transports. Several serious steps such as inclusion of Environmental Science courses in school and college textbooks were taken to resolve these problems. Let us pledge to riddle the next decade with creepier terminologies.

Mobile Technology: I remember gazing in awe at a man with a mobile phone with a flashy monochrome display. A wink comprising a decade later I was gazing at another cell-phone with GPS technology and a laptop with a quad-core processor. If the past decade was the age of mobile technology, I really cross my fingers for an age of nanotechnology. The future with wall size displays and microscopic computers is now.

Nonlinearity in life: This is a personal observation. So far my days have been almost linear. I skip breakfast, bunk a few classes, attend some, weep about not having a girlfriend, watch movies, chat until 3 AM on GTalk and go to sleep. My new decade resolution is to develop more nonlinearity in my life.

Well, I must take leave of you now, my patient reader. Wit Within completes a year of existence after four days. So, you may call this one a sort of an anniversary post. Thank you one and all for being attentive to what The Other Devdeep has to say. Happy new year!

3 comments:

Smart Primate said...

You are bored with the bipeds presently roaming the planet? Aren't you forgetting you are one of them. I would much rather have humans evolve into the blue people they show in 'Avatar'. Moreover if Douglas Adams is to be believed, humans themselves came from another planet.

"You attend some classes???" Bleh... you attend all classes.
And do you seriously weep about not having a girlfriend?

Sukhi said...

If WW3 begins, i dont think u wud live long enough to see it.

Yah, this generation has seen many a revolutions in all fronts, and probably many more in the coming years...internet being one of them

u probably forgot to include facebook and twitter in the last decade

Unknown said...

saale ye other devdeep ka mask lagakar cool banane ki koshish kar rahe ho kya, the guy named smart primate ne vaise tumhara raaz khol diya hai :)

Visitors